- Introduction and definitions
- This policy hereby describes how we will handle your personal data. By using our service, you are consenting to the use of your data under the following
- FPTL is registered in England and Wales with company number 4103355. Our registered office is at 124A St Pauls Road, London, N1 2LP.
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, FPTL will act as the data controller where services are provided to the client directly and as the data
processer when we are carrying out our services as a third-party supplier.
- This policy was last updated on 23/4/18. The policy will be reviewed by the directors annually and updated as needed. In the event that the policy is updated,
it will be made available on our website for viewing. We can also send electronic or paper copies to customers on request.
- For this policy the following words will adhere to the attached meanings.
“Compliance” means any statutory or lawful process that we
must abide to for legal purposes of the business.
“Customer” means any party that enlists FPTL services,
including both direct customers and companies we carry out work on behalf of.
“Data” refers to all personal data defined within the
General Data Protection Regulation.
“FPTL” stands for Francis Piano Transport
“GPDR” stands for General Data Protection
“HMRC” Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs.
“Third-party” will refer to any external business or
statutory organisation for which contact is necessary for us to provide our services.
"We/ Our/ Us” shall mean the Francis Piano Transport
- How your data is collected
- Data is collected when a customer receives a quote or enlists the use of our services. This data often will include, but is not exclusive to; full name, addresses,
telephone number and email address of all parties involved.
- We endeavour to carry out best practice in ensuring all third-party businesses we associate with are working in accordance of the GDPR. Where your data is
conferred to us from a third-party business to provide our services in conjunction with theirs, we will accede that the customer has given consent for us to receive this data. We will inform
customers if we believe their data has been given to us unlawfully.
- How we use your data
- Customer data will never be sold to external parties.
- Customer data will not be given to external parties unless it is essential for compliance purposes, which may include but are not exclusive to; the
Inland Revenue, HMRC, external advisors and any necessary external parties in the event in which a criminal investigation may be required.
- We will always seek permission to provide third party businesses with your personal data. However, this is not an action we intend to carry out with
- Internal use of customer data is used for the purposes of delivering our service in which all data collected is necessary for services to take
- Customer data may also be used for internal analysis of FPTL services so that we can improve and update our services.
- FPTL does not hold any personal payment information or banking details of its customers.
- How we handle your personal data
- Data is held for a minimum of 7 years to ensure best practice for compliance purposes. Once customer data is no longer required all electronic and
paper documentation containing such data will be destroyed.
- In some situations, it may be that customer data is needed for a longer duration that the expected 7 years. In this event we will endeavour to contact
you explaining why we are holding this data, providing compliance procedures allow for this.
- Customers are permissible to act upon their personal data rights in accordance with GDPR. However, in the event in which this may restrict our ability
to provide such customers with our services, our cancellation policy and charges may be applicable.
- If a customer wishes to act upon their personal data rights they should contact us in writing, via email or post, at their nearest
- We warrant that we have appropriate organisational procedures in place to protect against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against
accidental loss or damage to such personal data.
If you have any queries or questions, regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact